Thursday, August 11, 2011

Before surgery

My name is Chelsea. I am 15 years old and I have had for previous knee surguries in my life. As I was entering The summer of my sophomore year, I went to visit my orthopedic doctor for a check up and found out that I was going to have a surgery called a tibial osteotomy on both my legs. When I first heard it I seemed to be okay with it I wasn't worried. My doctor and his nurse assured me that the surgery was going to help. In the 1st week of my summer I found out that I was going to have a Taylor Spatial Frame on not only one of my legs but two. The doctor explained it to me in this way... The frame is a six strut configuration that combines rings,pins, and wires that are put in the bone after the bone is cut in half to straighten out my legs. When I first heard this was going to happen I didn't really know how to react. And at the age of 15 how do you react to something like that? It may be just me but the way they explained it seemed so much simpler then it seemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment